Good manners and fine habits are the reflections of sound character, good personality and best socialization. Good manners are very important in our life.
Habits are time taking process. Therefore, the best habits and manners must be taught at school right from the beginning. For that, good manners are made the part of learning. Various assignments, essays, speeches, paragraphs, debates etc are held in school focusing on the importance of good manners to enhance personality. These assignments or essays include list of 10 good manners, why manners are important, short essays and paragraphs on good behavior etc.
1. Essay on Good Manners and their Importance in Life For Students
Good manners are defined as the set of actions performed to a happy, disciplined, peaceful and prosperous life. Man is a social animal, one can not live alone. We are the part of society, without good manners none can live in a society. Good manners earn is dignity, honor and respect in the society while bad manners earn us defame and degradation.
List of Some Good Manners
1. Being polite and courteous to others and to behave accordingly makes one dignified and respected.
2. Helping poor and needy is also a good manner.
3. Being punctual and disciplined is a good manner.
4. Listening others attentively and not interrupting into any conversation of two is a good manner.
5. Taking permission before using or touching any one’s thing.
6. Responding with a smile to other’s questions and inquiries.
7. Respecting elders, parents and teachers.
8. Knocking the door before entering anyone’s room or apartment.
9. Sharing things with others.
10. To become humble and helpful to others.
11. Helping family members in domestic chores.
12. To become self dependent and relying on his own potentials and capabilities.
13. To hold the door opened to guests and elders.
14. To maintain Cleanliness of home, school or office.
15. Standing in reverence of elders, boss or higher authorities.
16. To stand and give seat to old and elders while using public transport.
17. To chew food properly while eating with someone.
These manners are either taught by parents or by teachers at school to children and sometimes a person learn and adopt good manners of his own.
It is duty and responsibility of parents to teach their kids good manners so that they become well behaved, polite, gentle and disciplined.
Importance of Good Manners in Life
Good manners help us to develop good habits and etiquette which improve and enhance our physical, mental, spiritual and social well-being. Man is known by his manners in the society.
One who posses good manners behaves very decently and wins the hearts of people while one who lacks good manners behaves roughly, uses abuse tongue and hurts the feelings of others. The is he who possess well cultured social behavior, courtesy and politeness. Without these qualities man will look like an animal and won’t find place in any society.
We are distinguished and recognized by our way of talking, behaving, eating, drinking and greeting. One who knows no manners is respected nowhere. Small words of kindness and politeness keep us united and help build good relationships in the society. These words like “sorry”, “please”, “thank you”, “excuse me”, “pardon me”, “forgive me” etc are very small and simple but are a kind of Magic.
These magic words must be adopted and practiced to help balance our social status, family relationships and to broaden our sphere of respect. It is observed that good manners and good etiquette open door to new conversations and we find people get attracted to us while bad manners close door to new conversations and we are subjected to lose relationships and respect in the eyes of people.
One who learns to respect the sentiments of people around, shows equal regard and kindness to everyone, shuns arrogance and rudeness and adopts courtesy and modesty and behaves politely and gently is called a human. We become complete human when we have good manners.
Practicing good manners cost nothing but pay us a lot at every walk of life. We are treated according to our manners. We earn respect among people and get our work done if we are civilized and well behaving.
2. Short Essay on Good Habits For Children
To lead a happy and peaceful life man must develop good habits. Habits are established customs which are followed regularly. As “early to bed, early to rise” is considered a good habit.
Habits are easy to acquire but difficult to give up, so one must try to develop good habits and avoid bad habits such as smoking, drinking, speaking untruth, teasing the weak etc. We must help our family members in completing their chores. We should try to learn to be helpful, polite and humble to others.
Good habits and manners are necessary to be successful and to earn popularity. Good habits bring sunshine in life and enrich our personality. Good habits maintain the positivity in our soul and mind. A person is known in the society for his good habits and manners.
Ten lines on Good Habits For Ukg Kids
1. Habit means reputation of same action in similar circumstances.
2. All men have habits.
3. Habits are acts which men do.
4. Thirst, hunger and sleep are inborn habits.
5. There are other habits which are acquired like bathing, brushing, combing etc.
6. Good habits help a man to look neat and healthy.
7. Good habits lead to good manners.
8. To live in a society man develops good habits because man is a social animal, he can not live in alienation form other human beings.
9. Respecting one’s elders, greeting people when one meets them are good habits.
10.Observing the law, serving the poor, helping sick and needy and giving shelter to the homeless are also good habits.
Leave a Reply